Stolmeier Law Fights For Slip and Fall Wrongful Death Victims
A Slip and Fall Wrongful Death Can Happen in an Instant
A Slip and Fall happens when a property owner, such as a hotel, grocery store, big box store, or construction site does not safely maintain his property and a customer or employee injures himself on a dangerous hazard. Dangerous hazards include, slippery surfaces, uneven surfaces, unmarked change in levels,improper lighting, weather, and unnecessary clutter. These hazards can be present anywhere on an owner’s property. Slip and Falls are so common and so dangerous because as a patron, you are not expected to be on the look out for these dangerous hazards. One second you could be walking down the aisle of a grocery store or big box store and the next second you could be suffering from a severe head injury after slipping on a slippery substance. This is why when a Slip and Fall wrongful death occurs it can be unexpected and it can happen in an instant. It is important to know how a Slip and Fall can result in a death as well as what types of damages your family or estate can recover in an eventual wrongful death lawsuit.
How a Slip and Fall Can Lead to a Wrongful Death
A Slip and Fall wrongful death can happen in a variety of ways. Some Slips and Falls can cause instant death while other Slips and Falls can result in hospitalization that eventually lead to death. These are just some of the ways a Slip and Fall can lead to death:
- A Fall from a higher level to a lower level impacting the ground
- A Fall from a higher level to a lower level impacting an object
- A Fall from a higher level to a lower level impacting your head
- A Slip in which you impact your head
- A failed surgery required to fix the injuries caused by the Slip and Fall
How to Prove Fault in a Slip and Fall Wrongful Death Claim
To prove fault in a wrongful death claim you must prove the same elements of a typical Slip and Fall claim, but the substance of your claim will be different. It will be different because you will not solely be claiming damages for injuries as a result fo a Slip and Fall, but additionally for the Slip and Fall wrongful death. These wrongful death factors include:
- The property owner owed you a duty of care to protect you from unreasonable dangers.
- The property owner breached his duty of care to you by making his property unreasonably dangerous.
- The unreasonable dangers caused your death.
- The death resulted in damages.
- These damages will be claimed by your estate or a person who has a right to claim damages, such as a spouse or child.
Common Slip and Fall Wrongful Death Damages
Wrongful death damages can include injuries sustained before death, the damages associated with death, and damages that a spouse or other family will have. These damages can include:
- Medical bills prior to the death
- Burial and funeral expenses
- Pain and suffering prior to the death
- Lost future wages
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of benefits
- Loss of companionship
Contact Stolmeier Law
Stolmeier Law has over 35 years of experience serving Slip and Fall and other personal injury victims in San Antonio and South Texas. We know what it takes to take on the high priced defense lawyers to recover the maximum compensation you and your family deserves for a Slip and Fall wrongful death. So if a loved one has suffered a Slip and Fall wrongful death on another person’s property contact Stolmeier Law. Do not wait to get your free consultation now! Slip, Trip, or Fall? Call Stolmeier Law.