San Antonio Slip and Fall Lawyers
A Slip and Fall Injury is unexpected and debilitating.
Slip and Falls can occur in a variety of ways, and can result in a myriad of injuries, including death. Your injuries can dictate the amount of damages you will be awarded. So, you may be wondering what to tell your doctor about a Slip and Fall injury.
How to tell your doctor about a Slip and Fall injury:
- Do not be embarrassed when describing your injuries. Many people feel a Slip and Fall is their fault and are reluctant to fully disclose their injuries.
- Tell your doctor about how your Slip and Fall generally occurred. An accurate description of how your injuries occurred will not only better help your doctor treat you, but the doctor’s records can be used as evidence in your Slip and Fall claim.
- Tell the doctor the injuries you sustained to each part of your body and the pain you are suffering. This is important because your doctor will need this information to provide you initial and future care.
- Tell your doctor of any constant pain or injuries, or new pain or injuries you experience. Not every injury or pain will immediately present itself after a Slip and Fall. As a result, it is crucial that you immediately inform your doctor of injuries or pain that you believe resulted from your Slip and Fall.
- Tell you doctor of any limitations in daily activities you are experiencing due to the Slip and Fall. You may suffer limited movement of your back, neck, arms, legs, hands, feet, ankles, fingers, or toes. It is important that you disclose this information to your doctor because your doctor can only treat the injuries you tell your doctor about.
- If you are employed, tell your doctor the types of duties and responsibilities at your employment you cannot complete or have difficulty completing.
- Request an off-work note from your doctor if your injuries and pain continue. Provide a copy of the off-work note to your employer.
- Attend every recommended follow up visit, treatment, or test. You are expected to mitigate your damages. This means you must take any reasonable measures to reduce your damages. If you fail to mitigate your damages you may not be able to recover any damages related to the non-mitigation.
Contact Stolmeier Law, San Antonio Slip and Fall Lawyers
We are San Antonio Slip and Fall lawyers. If you suffered a Slip and Fall injury, it is not only important to find the right doctor to treat your injuries, but it is also important to find the right lawyer to represent you in your Slip and Fall claim. Stolmeier Law has over 35 years of experience representing Slip and Fall victims in San Antonio and South Texas. So if you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries from a Slip and Fall, contact Stolmeier Law, San Antonio Slip and Fall lawyers. Slip and Fall, Call Stolmeier Law.