Car Accident Injury
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), there were 7,277,000 traffic accidents in 2016. 3,144,000 people were injured in these accidents and 37,461 people died. A car accident injury can include:
Soft Tissue Injuries
Soft tissue injuries are a common car accident injury. Soft tissue injuries can include:
- Scrapes from objects on the dash or console, and from dislodged or flying objects in your car
- Cuts from broken glass, broken plastic, or sharp metal
- Bruises from contact with the steering wheel, dash, and seat belt.
Motor vehicle accidents create tremendous force on the human body. As a result, motorcycle, car, and commercial vehicle accidents can commonly result in broken bones. Bones that are commonly broken in car accidents may include:
- Ankle fractures
- Tibia and fibula fractures
- Femur Fractures
- Hip fractures
- Pelvis fractures
- Spinal Fractures
- Wrist fractures
- Radius and Ulna fractures
- Humerus fractures
- Facial Fractures
Arm and Leg Injuries
Your arms and legs can be extremely vulnerable in car accidents. Violent vehicle accidents generate so much force that you may be unable to control your arms or legs, especially during rollovers. A car accident injury to your arms and legs includes:
- Bruises on arms and legs from bracing for impact
- Cuts or scrapes on arms and legs from contacting sharp objects such as broken glass, plastic, or metal
- Broken ankles and legs from bracing for impact
- Broken wrists or arms from bracing for impact
- Crushed arms or legs
- Knee trauma from your knees impacting the dash
A common chest car accident chest injury includes:
- Broken ribs
Neck and Back Injuries
A common neck and back car accident injury includes:
- Whiplash. Whiplash is a neck injury caused by forceful, rapid back-and-forth movement of the neck.
- Fractured vertebrae
- Herniated disc
Internal bleeding can occur if an object punctures your body or you suffer severe blunt force trauma during a car accident.
Traumatic Brain Injuries
A traumatic brain injury can occur when your head comes into contact with the steering wheel, the door, or the door’s window.
While death is less common than the injuries stated above, death still results in far too many car accidents. Death is typically a result of extremely violent car accidents, motorcycle accidents, 18-wheeler accidents, or commercial vehicle accidents.
Contact Stolmeier Law
Stolmeier Law is a premier personal injury law firm that has served car accident victims in San Antonio and South Texas for over 35 years. If you or a loved one has suffered serious injuries in a car, motorcycle, commercial vehicle, work truck, or 18-wheeler accident, you should Call Stolmeier Law.