San Antonio Slip and Fall Lawyers
Slip and Fall Injury
Over 1 million people a year go to the emergency room for a Slip and Fall injury. A Slip, Trip, or Fall accident causes severe injuries in 20-30 percent of cases.
Unfortunately, the older you get, the more likely you are to fall, and the more serious your slip and fall accident can be. Slip, Trip, or Falls are the most significant cause of injuries for people over 55, and are the leading cause of death for people over 65.
However, despite Slip, Trip, or Falls being the most significant cause of injuries for people over 55, Slip, Trip, or Falls are a leading cause of injury for all age groups.
Falling is the most common way to suffer a brain injury. A brain injury can be devastating because the victim may not even realize the extent of their injuries. A brain injury can have lingering effects, and itâ€™s critical to recognize, diagnose, and treat a brain injury correctly.
According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, falls are responsible for 95 percent of hip fractures. A hip fracture often requires invasive surgery. The pain, suffering, and limited mobility from a hip fracture can change your life in an instant.
A Slip and Fall Injury includes:
- Cuts can result from a if you trip over a hazardous object, fall from multi-levels or the same-level, make contact with an object while you fall, or make severe contact with a hard ground surface.
- Bruises or soft tissue injuries are very common in. A bruise or soft tissue injury may result when your body makes contact with a hard surface as a result of a Slip, Trip, or Fall.
- Ankle sprains can result from losing traction on a slippery substance, tripping over a hazardous item, or falling from multi-level or same-level surfaces. In addition, wrist sprains can occur when a person tries to brace himself or herself from a Slip, Trip, or Fall.
- Common fractures associated with a Slip and Fall injury are fractures of parts of the body that come in contact with the ground when you attempt to brace your fall. People who experience a Slip and Fall injury will typically try to brace themselves with their hands, elbows, or knees. So it is not uncommon for knee fractures, wrist fractures, and elbow fractures to occur. Additionally, some people may not be able to brace themselves, and as a result, they may land on their back or hip, and as a result, receive a back fracture or a hip fracture.
- Ligament injuries
- Ligament injuries can result from Slip, Trip, or Falls when a personâ€™s knee or ankle unnaturally twists or bends. Additionally, ligaments in your wrist could be damaged when you attempt to brace your fall.
- Back injuries
- Serious back injuries can occur from Slip, Trip, or Falls. Slipping on slippery substances, tripping on hazardous objects, or falling from multi-levels or the same-level put extreme stress on your back, especially if you land on your back.
- Neck injuries
- Neck injuries can result when a person experiences a dangerous fall and lands on his or her head, or hyperextends or otherwise damages his or her neck.
- Brain injuries
- Brain injuries are one of the most severe injuries a person can experience in a Slip, Trip, or Fall. When a person Slips, Trips, or Falls, his or her head can come into contact with the ground, which is typically a very hard surface like concrete or tile. As a result, a person can experience a traumatic brain injury (TBI). These injuries are severe and require immediate medical attention. Sometimes symptoms of a TBI do not immediately apparent and develop over time. Itâ€™s important to keep track of and recognize if you develop any TBI symptoms.
- Death is rare from a Slip, Trip, or Fall but can occur from multi-level falls are falls that cause serious brain injuries.
To best prepare yourself if you are involved in a Slip, Trip, or Fall check out our tips on What should I do if Iâ€™ve experienced a Slip, Trip, or Fall?
Contact Stolmeier Law, San Antonio Slip and Fall Lawyers
A Slip and Fall injury is no joke. We are San Antonio Slip and Fall lawyers. Stolmeier Law has over 35 years of experience serving Slip and Fall victims in San Antonio and South Texas. We know what it takes to fight insurance companies and maximize your compensation. So if you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a Slip and Fall, contact Stolmeier Law, San Antonio Slip and Fall lawyers. Slip and Fall? Call Stolmeier Law.